EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS) was contacted to provide a single-source solution for handling this school district’s facility maintenance needs.
The processes and procedures implemented measurably reduced costly and time-consuming routine, corrective, and emergency maintenance activities, freeing up the client to focus more on the district’s educational outcomes.
Furthermore, because reactive maintenance is typically 35 percent more costly than preventive maintenance (PM), our solution included a PM program to cover the district’s major equipment, producing significant cost savings.
The client required a single-source facility management program tailored to the needs of its district that would help it to focus on organizational and educational requirements rather than maintenance tasks.
This comprehensive facility management program included:
- Advanced PM program for critical equipment
- Ongoing maintenance training for client employees
- New human resource management procedures
- Centralized purchasing processes
- Computerized maintenance management program for smarter decision making
- Continuous improvement initiatives
- Key performance indicators for tracking and verifying success
New Miami Local School District is comprised of the elementary, middle, and high schools serving the Hamilton, Ohio area.