EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS) provided this pharmaceutical client an integrated facilities management (IFM) solution capable of meeting the demanding requirements of their high-performance, energy-conscious businesses.
At the same time, our solution met the operational reliability and cost management required for a successful outsourcing relationship, helping the client to standardize its facility processes, reduce costs, and drive continuous operational improvement.
Since beginning the contract, we have recorded a range of tangible benefits for the client, including:
The client was looking to outsource its facility management services in order to better focus on their core business.
- Dropped outsourcing relationships from 426 to 1
- Less time spent in facilities management tasks
- Less contract management time and lower expense
- Clearer strategic focus
- Greater consistency and efficiency across budget and project management procedures
- Greater cost control and lower facilities services costs
Our IFM solution changed the client’s facilities operations and procedures in a number of key ways, including:
- Implemented single-source for building, electrical, HVAC, and general maintenance
- Incorporated computerized maintenance management system
- Began tracking key performance indicators for continuous improvement initiatives
- Tailored project management guidelines, site budgeting procedures, and storeroom-management approaches for consistency
- Increased transparency of facilities services expenses
This client is a leading global provider of manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, operating manufacturing facilities across North America and Europe.